I also took pictures of my first day's loot from Akihabara which I think would impress most nerds but I am aware that I have a large normal person readership so I won't go to such a length to upload them just yet.
I did not go to any maid cafes. I took a bunch of pamphlets from maids but once again I am quite worried about the possibility of having to make conversation in Japanese.
So, this was my day today:
1. I looked for IOSYS CDs in every store I went to. I then checked to see if any of them had the Usatei (Bunny Tewi) song. I haven't had sound on my computer in a while and I have really wanted to listen to the dialogue which makes me grin every time:
"So, I'll be Tewi."But alas-- all the shops were sold out.
"No, I told you not to be Tewi."
"I'm Tewi."
"You like Cirno, be Cirno! -- Don't be Tewi! -- HEY! DON'T BE TEWI!!"
2. I also looked at all the Hatsune Miku CDs, vainly searching for a song I recognized. Not even joking. Way too many mediocre Miku CDs, guys. Tone it down.
3. I also looked for anything vaguely interesting to me.
4. Unfortunate problem with my infrequent computer access over the course of this year: everything I wanted was sold out six months ago.
5. For four hours I wander through a labyrinth of brightly colored lights and high-pitched female voices coming out of speakers. Eventually I am in such a daze that when I close my eyes I see anime characters.
6. Finally I came to Akibaoo #4, which is a tiny door leading into a cramped basement. As soon as I walked down the stairs I saw these two Kuma towels hanging from the wall saying "Work is over! It's time for drinking!" and I broke into a genuine smile. I turned over the first IOSYS CD and it was Usatei. I turned over the first Miku CD and it was -- what?! -- Sugar Chocolate Waffle?! Yes! I bought both of these things and 2ch goods.
Akibaoo #4 gets a rating of A++!!!
I guess I have to buy headphones and CD players now. Well, at least I know where to go next.
Yeah, the insane thing is that I am already planning my next Akiba trip...



