Saturday, November 8, 2008

Last date in Kyoto

Hello everyone. I am safely in Tokyo now. Well, I am seven and a half hours early for checking in, but hopefully the management won't get too angry about it. I did not get a lot of sleep so sorry about this brief post-- keeping up to date here.

I went on a date in Kyoto yesterday. It lasted six hours. She invited me to come to an ikebana festival. What I am showing here are the giant-size ikebana. I just realized I should hurry up and take a shower before the receptionist gets here.

We talked about anime and games and stuff. The girl is 27 which surprised me. She looked a lot younger!

This ikebana show was on the 7th floor of a department store. On the 5th floor we made nishi...something...ori. Which is to say, I used an old-fashioned hand-pedalled loom. It was fun and we got to keep the swatches for free.

Here is my date. We went to Nijo Castle together but it was kind of gloomy. She followed me all the way back to my bicycle and paid for the parking fees but then we had to say goodbye.

I got on the JR bus to Tokyo at 11pm, aiming to sleep it through, but I woke up every hour when the bus stopped to refill its gas. Also I smell now. Shower time. Cheers!
blog comments powered by Disqus