Today I had lunch with two future leaders of the free world; Wesley, who I learned wrote an article for the National Review last February, and Poulod, who wrote an article for the New Left Review last November. Both were classmates with me at a small, liberal high school. I feel hopelessly outpaced, although if I ever finish my Time article I assume some magazine out there would like to take it.
Our (private, thank you) conversation covered a large amount of ground, mostly about counter-terrorism because Wesley is going back to Iraq next fall in lieu of going to school. Would that I had such a great excuse to skip school... oh yeah, I am going to go live in a monastery... If I'm learning anything solid from this enlightening internship, I concluded, it should be something I ought to apply to my search for a career.
Monday, June 30, 2008
blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


