
This blog is a first for me. I've written the trivia of my life in my diary, and I've broadcasted important things to a close-knit group of friends, but I've never written about trivia and emotions for the general public. I'm not sure what people care to read about. I do have a better sense now than I did freshman year of what's interesting to read.
I am going to be keeping this blog for as long as my life is exciting. This extends at least through the summer and fall; hence the title.
This summer I am taking an unpaid internship with a certain Congressman. Many of my readers know who this guy is. In order to save my ass I'm going to keep his identity private until I'm absolutely certain it's okay for me to write about the stuff he says in his office.
The Eastern Seaboard is generally not a fun place to be in the summer, according to what I've heard. This is also a summer of chaos in Washington. I'm not talking about the presidential campaign, which will be affecting everywhere but Washington; I'm talking about a huge mess of rallies and protests spilling onto the National Mall. I am taking part in many of these. It will be fun, in the way that driving a car off a cliff is fun to watch in an action movie.
In the fall I will continue to update here as I will be in Kyoto. Yes, Japan. I am going to be living in a monastery and waking up at 5 AM to meditate. That is basically all I know right now about the program. It's going to be a long series of surprises and I will likely write loads about it. I've been to Japan before but it was not the greatest thing. If you don't know about that, I might post a summary as filler in late August.
So, there you go. You're up to speed with what I've been repeating to my friends for the past month or so. Now it's time for me to venture into the great unknown. I've spent a long time applying and preparing for these two seasons. What I cannot predict is what is going to happen once I start. These might be excruciatingly boring outings. I guarantee, though, that I will learn something. And then I will rehash what I think I have learned to you; but I will be wrong, because I talk nonsense anyway.


